We have been running events both large and small for nearly twenty years now, and pride ourselves on making things run smoothly. We provide many services, from a simple buffet to a seated fine-dining meal for 80.
We can provide finger buffets, burgers and hot-dogs, a full banquet for 80, or anything in between. Food is produced to your specification and budget giving a tailored solution to each and every event. When you book an event we’ll put you in touch with our head chef who will work with you to find the right options for your guests.
Unfortunately it is not possible to bring your own buffet – all food must be provided by our designated catering team.
You are welcome to provide any entertainment you wish (within the bounds of the noise limiter!), and if required we can provide you with a DJ, MC, bands, comedians and quiz-masters from our extensive contacts list. These are all reliable, professional people we have worked with regularly over the years.
You are free to decorate the venue yourself (we ask that pins and other items which will damage the walls are not used when putting up banners etc), and we can put you in touch with a local shop who specialise in party decor and accessories. For an additional fee we can decorate the venue for you, to your specification.
We can supply invitations, place cards, flyers, posters and other custom stationery for your event. Please just ask for a quote!
Can you find us a burlesque troup? Know any musical comedians? Can we set up a webcam at the event? We’ve had just about every request over the years, if there’s anything you need just ask. Most requests, however odd, are manageable.
- Flat screen TV (in the bar area)
- Twin deck CD player: Denon DN-D4500
- Xone S2-pro DJ mixer with twin stereo jack input for iPods and a usb input for laptops.
- 8 cyber lights and 2 quarks
These are controlled via a separate desk. They create a great atmosphere for parties and can spotlight bands. Please ask for details of use.
- The original DJs among you can also bring their vinyl collections and use our Technic MK2’s
- Every wedding will include those well prepared speeches.
make sure you can be heard with our handheld radio mic. These can be used anywhere within the main hall, great for quiz nights as well!
- To avoid undue noise pollution all A/V equipment is controlled by a sound limiter installed at the licensing board’s request. If the noise level reaches a preset limit all power to the A/V equipment will be cut for a few minutes and we have to reset the circuit breakers. This has not been a problem for most ceilidhs and discos, but particularly loud bands or DJs may wish to carry out a soundcheck before the event so they are aware of the limit.